Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Carillon Beachside

Some of you know that my family and I vacationed the last two summers in Florida's panhandle. The town is called Carillon, and one of the posts I wrote was on the beach house once owned by designer Suzanne Kasler, and how my friend was able to rent the beautiful home for a week.

Anyhow, a few months ago, I received an email from a woman who's husband developed Carillon. She somehow found me through that post I wrote, and wanted to know if I had any paintings that were inspired from that town. Since this was right after our vacation, I had a ton of paintings in my head. The one I sold her was this:
It is a whimsical scene of the town as viewed from the sea. I spent a few hours on a paddle board (basically a surf board that you stand on while paddling with an oar) in the ocean on one of the days, and I was able to see the cute homes from a different vantage point. I knew I had to paint it, but with a bit of whimsy.

My client gave the painting to her husband as a gift, as his heart is still there. I hope when he sees the painting, he knows he helped make some beautiful memories for many families. How amazing is it that one can randomly meet people like this while blogging?!

No comments: