Friday, November 19, 2010

Weekend Plans

My husband cleaned up the yard and trimmed up some trees a few weeks ago. He left some branches out for me, because he knows I LOVE using branches. See the crabapple branches out above? Perfect for the Christmas decor. I laid out a scarf that I'm using as a runner to catch any falling crabapples. (Need to iron scarf) I've learned that if I leave them alone and don't move them, they will dry right there on the branches.

My youngest has been asking me all month the put up the Christmas tree. This is finally the weekend. She is so excited. We have an artificial tree, because I start holiday decorating so early. Why bother with all the work if we can't enjoy it for a while? Plus, my first job out of college was working for a major insurance company as a claims adjuster. I'm not good at remembering to water my plants, so watering a big ole real tree...it would probably end up all dried out by mid-December, start a fire....

Have any of you all started your holiday decorating? I can't wait for all the blogger holiday links to start, so I can peek into all of your pretty homes!

No comments: