Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Suzanne Kasler’s (ex) Beach House



In a previous post, I showed you some beach homes in Carillon Beach. One of those homes was a beautiful home once owned by designer Suzanne Kasler. The home is called Casa Blanca I. There is a guest house called Casa Blanca II. During our vacation in Carillon, my husband and I would jog by the Casa Blancas and I was tempted several times to just run up to the porch and peek into the home. (ala Joni style :)) But alas, seeing as how it was a small neighborhood, and I am not that bold, and was afraid of getting caught and embarrassing myself, I did not peek in.

However, our friends we vacationed with had the opportunity to rent Casa Blanca I a couple of years ago when Ms. Kassler owned it. Below are some photos that were sent to them from the home’s management office. (I’m sorry, but I don’t have the photographer’s name to credit.)

The home was featured in Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles magazine in 2007. You can read it by clicking here. The images I have are a little different than the styled home in the magazine article, but beautiful just the same.

This is the entry to the home. It is on the side of the home. It sets the tone for the light, airy feeling.

skbeachentry



As you enter through the side, there is a powder room. I love the aqua colored glass sink!



skbeachpowder



Through the entry is the kitchen and dining area. I have 2 photos. The first may have been taken during the Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles magazine shoot. I love the pops of color in the lampshades in this one. The second is the unstyled home:



skkit



skkit2


Through the kitchen is the great room:



skfam



The other side of the room. I love the prints on the wall that again add that pop of color!



skfam2



Upstairs are the bedrooms. The loft area:



skbunk



The guest room:



skguest


The guest bath:


skbath


Master bedroom:


skbed

Master bath:


skbeachbath


It was a great vacation for my friend. Although it was a bit stressful having 2 young boys in the beautiful home, she gained a ton of inspiration from living in this home for a week. In a few days I will show you some images from my friend’s Kassler inspired home.

I painted this painting shortly after our trip. "Ocean Abstracted" is now on Etsy. Click here to view.

2 comments:

tera said...

Saw your comment about painting ballet on Elise's ballet blog and thought I'd see what you were all about. Your paintings are lovely! I'm surprised I haven't seen you on Etsy. (Well, maybe not, there are so many of us on there!)
:)

paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.