Friday, September 4, 2009

The Smell of Fall

This morning, we awoke to that smell. That same smell that makes everyone hold their noses and say peeeeeeewwwww! .....Skunk! After making sure a skunk did not somehow make its way into our house, or was still hanging out in our yard, I got on the trusty internet to find solutions to get rid of that smell.
My youngest suggested all of us taking a bath in tomato juice. (Does that actually work when one is sprayed?) Thankfully this was not a solution we needed to test out.

One suggestion on the net that sounded easy was to put cinnamon in a pan and put it in the oven for an hour. So, as I write, I smell the wonderful smell that epitomizes fall for me. I am forced into thinking about fall. I don't mind, actually, it is my favorite time of the year.


This solution is working, for now anyway. Hmmm, it's actually making me want to bake an apple crisp!

"Familia Poppy" on Etsy. Click here to view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the sweet comment. Glad you liked the new banner. But, I am sorry to hear about your pesty skunk smell. I don't have any advice for that one. But keeping my fingers crossed for ya my dear. Have a good weekend and watch where you smell, lol.

Maria Killam said...

Yikes! Hope you got rid of it, love the smell of apples and cinnamon!