Thursday, September 9, 2010

My “Anthro-esque” Fall Pillow

I had other things that I needed to do yesterday. But, as many of you can relate, I had to follow my creative instinct!

With the Fall season looming, I have been warming up the house. One thing I have done is switch my pillows. I wanted some pillows to coordinate with the new artwork I painted to go over the fireplace. I have been looking for ribbon in shades of orange: pumpkin orange and red-orange to be exact. As luck would have it, I found some awesome ribbon in the $1 bin. Using my leftover fabric from my slipcover project, I sewed my new pillow. I randomly placed the ribbon on the fabric, and sewed on top with clear thread. It was a simple, $5 pillow, since I had all the other materials.

pillow

Don't you love when one little thing can make such a difference in a room?

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Oh my goodness, Lauren... You call this one little thing? It is GORGEOUS! And it looks PERFECT with your art above the fireplace (I think I have told you that I LOVE that piece, by the way). You are a truly creative artist. Not only are you are great painter, but very creative in making such a beautiful pillow such as this. I am jealous of your talents! :) Great job, really. The colors are superb in the pillow, to complement your artwork.
Best regards,
Gloria