Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Commission Painting

Hello everyone! I thought I'd show you a commission painting I completed a few weeks ago.

I met a lovely couple this past summer at an art show in this Arrowhead golf course community called Roxborough Park. Isn't it beautiful? The couple sees these redrocks every day. Can you imagine?


They loved one of my poppy paintings at the show, but it was smaller than what they had in mind. They asked me to paint a similar painting that was a larger size. I painted it in a 3x4 ft. Below is a picture of it on my mantle. I like to view my paintings throughout the day in various lights so I can see if there is anything that needs to be changed.

Here it is in my clients' home. We placed it on the wall where there was already a nail. My clients will move the painting up the wall a little bit.

Right outside these windows, are incredible views. I think these poppies will fit in very nicely!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Hello - your painting looks lovely in their home. I am sure they were so pleased. I wish they'd paint their wall a seaglass color to match your paintings background!
Best regards,
Gloria