Monday, January 26, 2009

Copper Kettles

We didn't have much planned for this past Saturday, so we decided to visit the Miller Coors brewery in Golden, Co for a free tour. We're not really beer drinkers, but the tour is actually interesting. I should know, I worked there as a tour guide many, many, many summers ago during college. The kids actually enjoyed it too, as they learned about the ingredients, and saw each step of the beer making process. And, with free soda at the end of the tour, they did not complain! I won't bore you with the details of the brewing process, but here are a couple of pictures of the copper kettles used in brewing: Isn't the copper pretty?

3 comments:

Rebecca Corvese said...

Thank you stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment! I grew up in Grand Lake. Do you know where that is? Love your blog! Great posts!

Anonymous said...

I've never been a beer drinker, but I am sure it would be fun to tour a place like this. Did you see lots of snow?

LaurenFaythe said...

It didn't snow when we went, but there's snow now!