Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cherry Blossoms


Yesterday was a 70 degree day. Today is predicted to be even a little warmer. January in Colorado from years of experience is usually mild. Usually that means there will be a blizzard here in the next few weeks. I'm exaggerting, of course, kinda.... In the meantime, I dream of Spring that will come sometime in the next few months - of looking out my laundry room window to see the cherry blossoms on my little cherry tree. I painted the above a few weeks ago when it was cold out. You probably recognize it, I posted it here on my blog right after it was done. It is called "Reach". Aren't we always reaching for something? Reaching for a goal, as these blossoms reach toward the sun? It is now on Etsy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! We woke up to 11 degrees this morning here in Atlanta. Love the cherry blossoms. We have a lot of them around here in the spring.

Tracy M. said...

Hi There, I found followed your blog from Olive Rue. I'm here in Colorado too, Denver area. I know, The weather is weird this year isn't it.
Have great day!
Tracy

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

O.K.... it is -20 here today, so stop it!!! Love the painting, its just stunning!!

Valarie said...

I found your blog from Side of the road. I am friends with Tracy M. I too live in Colorado, and own a place in Beaver Creek...loved the photos of the Park Hyatt. would love to know more about you!!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

My favorite picture is the second one, with all the lovely pinks. Soooo pretty!