Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Powder Room Mini-Makeover

Hello Everyone! A while back I gave you a glimpse of what I have been up to with an art project in my powder room. Here is what the powder room looks like today:
The powder room was boring! When anyone went in there to do their business, all they saw was a blank grey wall with a nail in it. I decided to give people something to look at.

I had a 20x30 inch poster print made of my photographic work and mounted it on mdf. It looked like it was missing something, so I took an old frame and framed around the mounted print. This is the first thing one sees when entering the room.

 The wall opposite the toilet was the one where I wanted some drama. I took a bunch of old, gaudy frames and spray painted them white, and distressed them. I then framed my beach photography and my painted chandelier studies and randomly mounted them on the wall. (Randomly meaning I did not want to measure - how tedious would that have been?!)


This room is tiny, so getting a good photo was nearly impossible, especially without using a flash. I had a tripod, and an extra lamp in the that I held.  I took many pictures.....




I took this one laying down on the floor. Ewww, I'm wondering how clean this power room floor is.....
I'm planning on filling up the entire wall. I have a lot of gaudy frames to spray. As you can see, I have spaces that have yet to be filled.

By the way, my favorite white spray paint is actually a primer. It's by Kilz, and it is such a pretty, chalky white.

2 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it. What an ingenius idea. This is totally amazing. Hugs, Marty

The Single Nester said...

I really love it! Very beachey and calming and love the shades of blue and green.