Monday, August 17, 2009

No More Excuses

My husband has this saying (I'm not sure where he got it), it goes something like this: "Excuses are like armpits, everyone has 'em, and they all stink".

Well, my children are all in full day school now, and I have been reminding myself of this little quote. I really do miss the kids, but I see the opportunities now that I have never had in my entire life. I have no excuses now for putting off doing the things I have wanted to do for a long time. For the first time since college, I have time during the day. Sweet, precious, time to do whatever I want! Pre-children, I was working full time as an economic analyst for a consulting firm. Then I had kids, and when they were young I have always told myself that I would put off devoting myself to my art full time until they were all in school all day. It was just too difficult when I only had an hour here and there to really dive into art. Well, the time has now come. I have no excuses! I'm excited and a bit fearful, to be honest. It's always scary to put your whole heart into something, to have it not turn out. But, it's exciting that I can at least try to put my dreams into action, and not just sit and dream.

The other thing I started was tennis lessons. My first lesson was today. I'm not very good. I love to exercise, and I do it on a daily basis, but a ball, a racquet, and my hand-eye coordination.....all I can say is that it can only get better from here!

No comments: