Thursday, March 19, 2009

Awaiting Bloom


A week or so ago, I read in the newspaper that if we're going to prune our trees, we should do it now. Then, a few days later, Lauren from Pure Style Home had some inspirational photos of cut branches. I had always wanted to do this, but our trees have always been too small. Now our cherry tree is big enough, I had my husband prune some branches off. He didn't understand what I was trying to do, so he first cut about a foot off a branch. Too short, I said. I asked him for a larger branch, and the second branch is a lot better. I put it in some water, and we'll see if those beautiful cherry blossoms will bloom! Happy last day of Winter everyone (here in the USA, that is)!

1 comment:

Maria Killam said...

The last day of winter!!! I didn't realize that! I've been forcing branches for a month now! It's great.