Friday, February 13, 2009

Agapanthus Again

Have I told you lately how I love the Agapanthus flower? :) 

I feel such freedom whenever I experiment with a new style or new technique in painting. This is because I know I am painting for myself (which is the mindset I should always be in).  I usually paint large, and I feel like I'm physically exercising, using large strokes. The adrenaline is running! 
Here is my most recent painting. I've made a departure from all that color, and have had to use such restraint, but in a good way. There is still a lot of texture. 

What do you think? 

Next week I will show you the room I've put it in.

1 comment:

Ness Lockyer said...

I just ADORE this painting. How beautiful. I too love Aggies and have loads of them on our property. You should make prints of this for your Etsy shop...i'd buy one!! =))
Ness xx