Friday, December 2, 2011

Before and After-The Built In Bookcases

Several weeks ago, I showed a before and after of my fireplace wall, and the moulding I painted that was on the brick. I was contemplating painting all my built-ins on this wall, but I was afraid of painting over all the wood and lowering our property value. The wood was just oak, but you know how some are about wood. :)

Well, after staring at it for too long imagining how it would look, I went ahead and painted the built-ins. Here is a picture of the built-ins in April of 2009:
Then in the Fall of 2010:
Fall of 2011:
Now, with the built-ins painted:
And because I always love a wider room shot even if it doesn't look as good as the closer view:
I am still tweaking the mantle and the shelves for Christmas. I have to say I have absolutely no regrets over painting the wood. I love the new look, and visually, it really opens up the room!

Thanks for visiting. I will post some more Christmas decor in the next few weeks, but for now, I really need to do a little Christmas shopping. See you next week!



5 comments:

philben5 said...

Okay this is an absolute amazing transformation! Love your displays. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings
Roxanne

Sandy said...

Oh yes, much better painted! Looks great :)

Little Moos and My Creative Pink. said...

I love it painted, great job! What paint did you use?

LaurenFaythe said...

I believe the paint color was SW "Intellectual Gray" made into a Behr paint.

shell said...

Wonderful-! This inspires me to do the same with my built in wood bookcases! Thanks for sharing!