Monday, October 24, 2011

A New Painting, and A Lamp Makeover Using Chicken Wire

"Pink Garden" for sale. Click here to view.

My children are in school this week after Fall Break. It went by so quickly, yet it seemed to last forever!

Even with them being at home, I completed so many projects, including a makeover for my younger daughter's room. I will post pictures soon.

 Anyhow, I have had the above painting for a while now, and I have finally listed it.

I picked up this lamp at the thrift store:
It was bright brass, but I liked the shape. So, I purchased a can of Rustoleum spray paint in Champagne Mist, and spray painted it. I took apart the lamp shade, and used the base to wrap chicken wire around it to make a new "shade". I think I like the new lamp now:
This is my daughter opening presents at her birthday party/sleepover this past weekend. 

I hope you all are having a great Monday!

No comments: