Friday, December 3, 2010

Semi-homemade Donuts

"Donuts on a Saturday Morning" in my shop. Click here to view


A few Saturdays ago, my husband, who loves breakfast and grew up with a mom who actually prepared breakfast every single day, decided to prepare a smorgasbord of breakfast items. I don't know what got into him. Really. There was soooo much food! His spread included biscuits and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs, and donuts. He enlisted the help of these two:


My son did not help, but wanted to be in the picture:


The donuts were semi-homemade, made from a Paula Deen recipe using refrigerated biscuits. They were fried in peanut oil, which smelled the house and made me sick the whole day. The kids had fun, and memories were made.


Have a great weekend everyone! (I don't think donuts are on the menu this weekend. Not homemade anyway! )

No comments: