Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Inspired


Let me tell you the story of what inspired the painting above. Several weeks ago, Joni from Cote de Texas did a fun magazine inspired makeover in her family room. We all know this magazine cover from House Beautiful - Jill Brinson's beautiful home in Atlanta. Just to jog your memory, it was this home in the Dec/Jan 2010 issue: (All images from House Beautiful website; photos by Simon Upton)



I was inspired after reading Joni's post and re-reading my dog-eared copy of that HB issue. I had this image in my head of a painting. I went straight to my studio and painted the above artichoke painting. Don't ask me why artichokes. I think I was delirious from being sick all week, and practically coughing up a lung!

So, because I hardly ever get to see what my paintings look like in my clients' homes, I thought it would be fun to see what my painting would look like in the home of its inspiration.


Can you see it in the upper right hand corner by the stairs?

Or how about here in the dining area?


What do you think? I think it looks good here - wishful thinking, huh? Oh well, it was a fun exercise to see what it would look like. I like it! Thanks Joni, for the fun post, and thank you to Ms. Brinson for inspiring me with your gorgeous home!
"Inspired Artichokes" for sale on Etsy. Click here to view.

4 comments:

Ange said...

I love your painting very much and am a fan of decorative artichokes. The colours you used make it very versatile. What a clever lady you are!
Angex

My Galveston Cottage said...

I have this issue....love this house as well!! So original and inviting. Thanks for coming by and leaving a comment. I appreciate it. See ya soon, -s

cotedetexas said...

aw, love it!!!!!!!!!!! you are a great artist!!!
Joni

Fifi Flowers said...

Oooh I feel like eating artichokes NOW... yum!